Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Getting Ready!

Wow! I am now moving into the surreal territory (or is it the real territory?) of the BLOG.
It has taken my upcoming trip to Israel's Holy Land to empower me to take this tecnological step.

I am now preparing and counting the days 'till my departure at 11:30pm on June 2nd,
when I will be "leaving on a jet plane", as the song goes.
But I do know "when I will be back again" ... June 13th.

Click the link below ...to read more and to comment ...put your email address in the box to the right, and when a post is made, it will let you know by email!

I have assured a number of my parishioners, that yes I do plan to return!

During my absence, services are covered. For EMERGENCIES or PASTORAL NEEDS,
contact Sr Warden Eddie Kelley at 757-824-5360 (home) or 757-894-1114 (cell).

While in Israel, communications with me will include: 
1)  this BLOG for Emmanuel, Jenkins Bridge (EmmanuelJBVA.blogspot.com)
2)  texting (to be set up), and Emmanuel's web site ( emmanuelchurchjb.com )
3)  Personally, I can be emailed at cmhunkins@yahoo.com.

I thank Polk Miles for his generosity in lending me his international internet connection,
and his gracious tutoring and help to implement internet, phone, and texting abilities
for the trip.

I will post my itinerary shortly.

Please keep me in your prayers as I prepare for this journey of a lifetime!

Pastor Claire+

1 comment:

  1. My dear Pastor Claire ... it is 9:15 AM on Tuesday June 4th here Stateside ... hope you had a safe and uneventful trip and were able to get some sleep on the plane ... looks like an exciting and filled itinerary for you today ... you are in my thoughts and prayers. Lots of love and hugs Christine

    ReplyDelete